Duke Forge, in collaboration with Duke AI Health, announces a new scholarship opportunity for research at the intersection of quantitative science and health. This program is open to postdoctoral researchers in quantitative science programs. This program funds innovative, strategic, and creative researchers to develop and apply new analytical tools to solve challenges in human health and the delivery of healthcare. Successful applicants will show evidence of outstanding research ability and strong interest in health data science.
Research projects will focus on developing and exploiting quantitative methodologies to advance understanding of human health and disease, patient care, or the business of healthcare.
New/current postdocs are eligible. Candidates from quantitative disciplines (Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, and Biostatistics & Bioinformatics) are expected, although candidates from other departments will be considered. The research project must have an innovative quantitative component with a focus on applications in health data science.
Scholars will have protected time for methodological research and will also be expected to engage in high-impact collaborative research projects with interdisciplinary teams with both quantitative and clinical mentors.
Two years of competitive salary support will be provided for a postdoctoral awardee.
Application packages require the following:
- Cover sheet including the applicant’s contact information, along with names of up to 5 Duke faculty members with whom the applicant would like to study (please *do not* contact faculty directly regarding application submission)
- A statement of research interests (up to 3 pages), describing the importance and potential impact of the applicant’s research on health
- Candidate CV (with hyperlinks to papers published or on arXiv)
- 3 letters of recommendation (note: letters to be submitted only by the person writing the reference)
- Apply through Academic Jobs Online (position ID:Duke University-Duke Forge-PDAFORGE [#15992]) by March 15, 2020 using this link: https://bit.ly/39BnOT0
- To be considered, please also send a courtesy copy of your completed application package as a single PDF file to email@example.com by March 15, 2020.
Final funding recommendations will be made by a panel of faculty from Duke Forge/AI Health. Decisions will be communicated to applicants on or around April 1, 2020. Awardees will submit annual reports detailing progress on the project and research partnership between the quantitative and clinical teams. Continued funding is contingent upon an appropriate degree of progress in research. Important dates for the 2020 Duke Forge/ AI Health Data Science Scholars Program:
- Submission opens: February 16, 2020
- Submission closes: March 15, 2020
- Award announcement: April 15, 2020
For more details, directions, and links for uploading materials, visit this posting at: https://bit.ly/39BnOT0
Duke is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual’s age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.